Saturday, March 10, 2012

Grey Sonnet

What color for a color is love than grey?
No more than a shadow of the past
Waving at our spirits living upon the sun’s ray
It is nothing more than chimney smoke outcast.
There is a bit of red I see in that flower
Blooming upon my grey, emotionless lea
And I hear your singing, pleading at this hour
Filling this blank, pumping organ of mine with glee.
A newborn lion never knew it could love
Never did I until so soon a time
But still, for you I cannot be a dove
I can only love you with my unworthy rhyme.
Longingly singing along with your distant voice
My heart is grey, yet my love for you was not my choice.

1 comment:

  1. Aww so sweet yet at the same time sad. It's liek saying the love emotion can't be helped even though their is nothing or you wish for it to be nothing. Interesting is it not? Like we all have this at first. Tis strange matter.

    ReplyDelete