Friday, October 13, 2017

I want to be your hero

Let’s be real. I can’t do hero-ly shit
I can’t fly, I can’t even listen to an opinion without 
Some sort of anxiety
But I can try
And they say do, not try, but
I try nevertheless to send you my limited words
To help us understand each other
To bring you anything I can when I see you hurt
And it jabs you every time, so I guess
Maybe it’s not worth it
Even trying  
And how can a hero be a hero when they 
Doubt themselves constantly?
I love you; I don’t want you to kill yourself
Don’t take the knife, please
I love you 
I love you
I say this as I forget about you during
My own shit going on
I say this as I cry when instead
I should give you useful advice
I say this as I take comfort in my own interests
And so the weight of those words
Really can’t rest on me, can they? 
You know this well,
And I could never be that hero for you
But somehow
I don’t care
And continue to jab you with all my trying

No comments:

Post a Comment