Sunday, April 22, 2018

Just What You Want (Poem Version)



Nights alone, driving anywhere but home
Mind far off, desperation takes hold
The key is 
Broken
You say, give me love, give me trust 
Give me some way to capture lust
I don’t care, take my time
Just as long as I can feel the things I once thought were mine
Right in front of you, this person
Would gladly open your eyes
But the beacon for you will always be
So far off
If you would take a person and share
An artificial love
Would I gladly be your dummy, pretend we’re high
Not care what’s down below us?
We’re here now, drunk and lonely
And we’re sharing time
Saying all the right things, but you could
Never tease me out of my lie
Because you know just what you want
And I know just what you need
And I’d gladly be that dummy even if

In the end, it just hurts me

(This is also a song)

No comments:

Post a Comment